Read the sentences and choose the right answer. A pop-up box will tell you whether you were right or wrong. Good luck!
1. My boss told me that the report was to be completed _____ 4pm on Thursday afternoon.
2. I told my boss that the report wouldn’t be ready _____ the next morning.
3. I had been unwell ______ several days.
4. Where have you been? We have been waiting for you _____ lunchtime.
5. John slept ______ the English lesson.
6. _____ I like him, I do not necessarily want to marry him.
7. I would love to have it, but ______ I have no money, I can’t buy it.
8. _____ John was asleep, the teacher allowed the other pupils to leave the classroom.
9. I have lived in the same town ______ I was born.
10. I have lived here _____ twenty years.
11. Jane chopped the carrots _____ John peeled the potatoes.
12. When I was a child I was not allowed to talk ______ mealtimes.